Thursday, July 24, 2008

A New Kind of Mormon Blog

About two months ago, I decided to start a blog about my faith. However, I didn't want to make the blog a "testimony" blog, like many other blogs out there.

I've spent the last two months trying to decide what to do with the blog. During that time, I have gone through some difficult times in my personal life. A "trial of faith," if you will. However, this trial of faith has helped me decide what this blog will be.

In addition to stories about faith and news from the Church, this blog will contain different features on different days of the week:

Encyclopedic Mondays: Lessons from The Encyclopedia of Mormonism.
Temple Tuesday: Tales of various temples around the world.
Web site Wednesdays: Talking about different features on the Church's Web Site.
For the Strength of You Thursdays: Topics from the From the Strength of Youth pamphlet, written for youth and adults.
Principled Friday: Talking about different principles of the Church.
Sunday School Saturday: Because Saturday is a Special Day, we will get ready for Sunday with a recap of the Sunday School Lesson.
Conference Sunday: A recap of a talk from a past General Conference.

So, I hope you enjoy coming along for the ride.

-Bob

No comments: