Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daily Thought -- July 8, 2010

Twelve years ago today, I entered the MTC. Someone gave me this quote before I left, and it not only helped me in my missionary service, but it also has helped me in y other callings as well.

"There is no substitute for love. Often this love is kindled in youth by a mother, expanded by a father, and kept vibrant through service to God. Remember the Lord’s counsel: “And faith, hope, charity and love, with an eye single to the glory of God, qualify him for the work” (D&C 4:5). Well might each of us ask: Today, have I increased in faith, in hope, in charity, in love? When our lives comply with God’s standard and we labor with love to bring souls unto Him, those within our sphere of influence will never speak the lament, “The harvest is past, the summer is ended, and we are not saved” (Jer. 8:20)."

-Thomas S. Monson, “That All May Hear,” New Era, May 1996, 4

No comments: