Saturday, June 26, 2010

A very personal daily thought -- June 26, 2010

Two years ago today, I had been beat down physically, emotionally and spiritually. I was at the lowest point in my life. However, I had not shared my struggles with any of my coworkers at the summer camp I was working at. One of them came up to me and said "I was praying a minute ago, and felt prompted to give you a hug." And she gave me a big hug. Right in front of everybody. That was the comfort I stood in need of.

"But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day.... Indeed heaven never seems closer than when we see the love of God manifested in the kindness and devotion of people so good and so pure that angelic is the only word that comes to mind."

-Elder Jeffrey R. Holland


I am grateful to the person who followed the promptings of the Spirit, and comforted someone who stood in need in comfort.

-Bob

No comments: